Looking for houses for sale in Dunedin? You've come to the right place.
Looking to find a house, section or lifestyle block for sale in Dunedin and greater Otago? Start your search here at Living Corp, real estate specialists with a fresh approach buying and selling property. Living Corporation also lists businesses for sale, Dunedin homes for rent and offers property management and free home appraisals. Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you find your dream home.
38 Seaview Road, Brighton
Iconic Kiwi crib - serenity beckons
- Simplicity stripped bare here with only what you need but wow, this has got to be as close to nirvana as we'll get!
- With a view to Brighton beach below, a vista down the coast to Taieri Mouth, an elevated deck to entertain your besties plus the addition of native trees and birds, no first world baggage survives here
- Everything you expect in a crib is here, but the authenticity and aesthetics will capture your heart and make you stay a lifetime
- One bedroom, one lounge with fire, one very cool kitchen and one surprising bathroom and one dining room out the front which could make bedroom two!
- If you are wanting to step off the treadmill and slow right down to breath, to heal or just to release some capital and have a simpler abode, 38 Seaview Road is the panacea that awaits
From time to time we get to market a home that is the embodiment of Kiwiana and all that means to each and every one of us. In a runaway world where we try to beat a clock which always outruns us, a phone and computer that steals our imagination and human focus, it is like walking through a time gate coming to a humble home like this wee darling in Brighton.
With a compact 60 square metres of floor, but more views through windows than I have time to describe, this private hideaway is awaiting those who want to heal and or express themselves, find themselves or lose themselves. Options abound but the prerequisite is a desire to simplify and seek change in your life. Although the rooms are limited, each is enchanting. The simplest kitchen with the funkiest blue cupboards is first up after the enclosed entrance foyer. The narrow tiled bench-top and view above the sink down to Taieri Mouth, makes this space a favourite, but the cosy lounge with wood burner on wetback and those large wooden windows with view down to Brighton beach is a close second. There is a front room off the lounge which is ideally a dining room, but should the desire to write poetry, paint a landscape or a bit of Still-life capture you, then this is indeed the place to complete the task in your own lazy time. Alternatively, a bed would fit in here or more flexible still, a desk and a fold-out bed for when your bestie comes to stay over!? The master bedroom is also off the lounge and it is a quiet and dimly lit retreat where sleeping will take on a whole new dimension of resting. The bathroom with separated toilet is to the left of that entrance foyer when first entering the home and it has seen a good degree of modernization and features a shower over bath, vanity, heater and includes a discrete laundry area. There is also good storage in the basement if you want to put the mountain bike, road bike or electric bike safely away. Although there is not a garage, there is a place for one later on and in the interim, the current vendor has a rented room on wheels on site which you can take over the rent of or not? The remainder of the 600sqm section has established shrubs and trees, a vege patch, a rear garden shed and a ton of potential.
If you are looking for nirvana here on earth, fancy a bit of ‘me’ time or want you and your partner to just chill in this stunning seaside town of Brighton, then come and see how simple and simply wonderful the next stage of your life could be. See you Sunday.
While we've done our best to correctly map this location, it may not be exact.